Courses offered from either the Smeltzer House and Gallery@501.
Guidelines for visual arts programs:
- Staff and instructors have been trained in new protocols around cleaning and visitor safety and will follow all Alberta Health Services guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We offer smaller class sizes, determined by physical distancing requirements and space capacity.
- COVID-19 prescreening questions are asked of each participant when they arrive.
- Please arrive at the program no earlier than 10 minutes before the program starts and depart shortly thereafter.
- Participants must follow the relevant rules for wearing masks in a facility.
- Hand sanitizer is available - participants are asked to use it when entering and leaving the program space.
- Supplies are carefully prepped ahead of time and set out for participants, and no other items are shared between participants during class. This helps prevent contamination and limits the need for participants to move around the program space.
- Please note: we no longer provide art shirts or aprons in the studio and ask that participants of all ages come dressed for art-making.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place - tables and chairs are wiped down after each class, any tools/supplies (brushes, markers, etc) are cleaned after each class and high touch surfaces are cleaned often.
Learn more about Gallery@501 specific safety processes.
Learn more about Smeltzer House specific safety processes.
Please note: By completing a transaction, you are granting consent for Strathcona County to send your information to Alberta Health Services for contact tracing purposes, if required. Please review the full Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act statement located in the Frequently Asked Questions section below.